Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ryan's 3rd grade field trip to Snow Canyon

Ryan's Third Grade class went on a field trip to Snow Canyon. The night before the field trip Ryan came in and told me that he had a field trip the next morning and that the parents that wanted to come had to talk to his teacher in the morning. I asked where the paper was telling about it. He informed me that it was lost. I had not ever been on a field trip with Ryan before because I have always either had a baby or a toddler at home. I had gone with Sage's class the week before and told him if one came up that I could take the younger kids on I would go with him. So the next morning I packed lunches and talked to his teacher before school. We packed onto the bus with the kids 3 and 4 deep on the seats. We started out with a hike through Snow Canyon. There were quite a few rocky areas that you had to jump down or climb up. Adam did amazingly well on the hike until the end where the walk was across a sandy trail. That was when mom carried him. We ate lunch then played on the sand dunes. The kids only had 20 minutes at the sand dunes. In that time they managed to run three dunes over. When it was time to go I ran out to tell the kids. Then when we got back to the bus, one of the kids had left his shoes on the sand dunes. They searched the first dune and they were no where to be found. I remembered seeing shoes on the second dune over and so me and a teachers aid ran to the second dune to get the shoes and then ran up the road to meet the bus. I was, by then thoroughly exhausted and well aware of how out of shape I really am. Adam was so tired he ended up falling asleep on the bus ride home.


1 comment:

  1. So fun! I bet all the teachers were so glad you were there to go run and get the shoes so they didn't have to! :) I bet that kids mom was even more grateful his shoes weren't lost thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete