For dinner I made a meat loaf, but didn't get it in the oven until 5:30. Then I started ending and snapping the beans I had picked from the garden that afternoon. Dan came home from work and brought in the two bags of corn from his truck. They had been there since Saturday and needed to be done right away. So Dan got the kids busy husking (Dalton was a husking machine) while he cut the corn off into large bowls. When I finished the beans I took over the husking while Sage and Dalton bagged half dozen ears of corn to take to the neighbors. Dan took a few dozen ears to his firefighters. Mean while we all visited, and jammed to Dan's bluegrass music while we worked together to do the ten dozen ears of corn. Ryan washed the corn. Sage bagged the corn and wrote the date on it. Adam sampled the corn and handed dad corn. Dalton husked and helped out where needed. When we finished we all sat down to a candle light dinner of meat loaf, potatoes, and beans. We also had a bottle of sparkling cranberry cider in moms fancy goblets. It was a great finish to a busy night.