Monday, October 10, 2011

Shopping with kids

I went to Walmart to get a few things. My kids where not too bad all considering. Adam will not ride in the cart, and if I try to put him in it I have to constantly hold him so he doesn't climb out, while he screams I GET OUT at the top of his lungs. So we slowly make our way through the store. We stop at every cool display and wait for Adam to look at it. Then when we finally get to the check out I get tons of help from my kids in unloading the cart. Today I had a price match of Diet Coke so I tell the checker. She rings up my grocery's and starts ringing up the next guys on mine as well. I stop her then she has to take it off my bill. Then because of the price match she has to take all the Diet Coke off. (Keep in mind I have already loaded my cart.) Then ring all the Diet Coke up again at the new price. Then I had 10 coupons. Two didn't ring up and I ended up arguing with the checker over them. She refused to over ride them as I am digging through my cart to find the items. Mean while Adam has found a little toy phone near the check out counter and has put it in his pocket and is pulling his shirt down over his pocket to hide it from me.
We finally made it out of Walmart.
Joann's was having a Columbus day sale with a 50% off coupon. I stop in there to get felt to make the kids some cute trick or treat bags. Adam runs in the store and has this ceramic figurine pulled off the shelve and broken before mom can finish walking through the door. Then as I started to walk down the isles to find the felt the kids start playing chase around the fabric displays. I finally catch Adam and he starts screaming LET ME GO at the top of his lungs. He is kicking and shoving at me and it is all I can do not to drop him on his head. I looked at the line which looped along the whole back of the store and decided to forget it. I left my cart where it was and walked out. My kids can use shopping bags this year for their candy.